Well Max is quite the big boy now. He officially has his first tooth! To be specific, he has his lower left incisor. I just can't believe it! To be honest, I don't think it was as bad as I was expecting. I mean, sure he had a few cranky day's but don't we all! He hasn't yet shown any real interest in any kind of teething aids-whoever is holding him better not be bothered by drool though because he LOVES chewing on people's hands! (Clean of course!) So... we have successfully made it through the first of many teeth and I can proudly say I am not dreading the next quite as bad. I will try to get a picture of this latest accomplishment but Max is pretty stubborn, although I don't know where that comes from. He tends to clench his jaws together whenever you try to look at his lower gums-and he has quite a bite!
Also we let him try his first solid food last night. I know I said a million times, "Oh, we are going to keep him exclusively breastfed until 6 months, blah blah blah." Well-I gave in! It was just too sad to watch him sitting at the table with Cody and I at meal time and he is just sitting in his Bumbo and drooling. :-( He would just sit there and watch as we ate, leaning into every bite with us and chewing his phantom food as we chew our yummy dinner. I couldn't stand it anymore! Not that it did much good...he hated it! I mashed up a single slice of a banana and fed it to him with my fingers and he promptly spit it out with a horrible face and a shiver, you know-the kind you do when you taste or smell something just awful! I tried it again this morning and got the same reaction so I guess we will put 'nanners on the back burner for now. Ah well...I guess I am not in any real hurry for my little guy to grow up. And its not like he is withering away to nothing since he is just nursing, he weighs a hefty 18+ lbs and is close to 30 inches long! I am going go out on a limb here and say-the day will come soon enough when we will have to include him in our eating out orders and I seriously doubt he will still be adverse to solids his entire life! (although, should that happen...I can make a pretty good blended burger I bet. You know-water it down with some ketchup or mustard and run it through the blender. Hehe!)
Enough is enough-I will add some pictures later...
No comments:
Post a Comment