Monday, January 10, 2011

Wow!

It has been 2+ months since I checked in last! (Well-I actually keep up with everyone else-just not my own blog!) To say things have been nuts around here would be a gross understatement.
Lets recap the last 2 months of 2010 and the first part of 2011:

  • October: super busy!
  • November: Cody got new job. I was put in charge of closing our movie store.
  • December: Christmas. Packing. Quit my job. Packed some more. Apartment hunting. Moved. Started new job for me: full time SAHM.
  • January: Got moved in to apt in Fort Smith. Max's 2nd birthday!

And here we are. We finally have the last box unpacked and (pretty much) everything where it is supposed to be. We still don't have any real living room furniture, but that will come in time. It has been quite the adjustment. One that I still struggle with at times. I am not used to being so far away from my family and the routine I knew. But it is coming together and I am starting to enjoy the new place. Instead of going into tons of detail at this time, how bout some pictures! Here is what we have been up to!

Oh! Did I mention that Max has done some serious growing? Well my little guy is not so little any more. He is now 35 inches tall and 27 lbs. Not fat, but definitely tall! He also had his first haircut, five days before he turned 2-I couldn't put it off any longer. :-( He is quite the talker now. Lots of words but still no "r" or "f" sounds. This means that "fly" is "sly" or "truck" is "chuck" He can count to 5 with a little help and will sub in the right letters ,usually, if you do the ABC's with him...like if you say a,b,c,d,e..? he will say "s" (his F). So, everyday is new and amazing for him-I will never tire of seeing the world through the eyes of a toddler-priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Moving is definitely scary, but it gets easier with time. You will adjust and I'm sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete