Thursday, September 16, 2010

Snot

(Note: gross out factor-pretty high)

Yep-snot. Its that time of year. I like to think I am girlie but tough. I think Cody likes to think he is manly and tough but I would like to set the record straight...manly: yes. tough: still undecided.
He has his father's DNA all the way. Mark (my FIL) is a great man and a wonderful father/grandfather but his most obvious fault (other than his penchant for making me insane by somehow cornering me with words which is infuriating-lol) is that he has an EXTREMELY weak stomach. Dirty diaper=RUN. Spit up=RUN. Snot=RUN. Vomit=Don't even mention it! I can count on one hand the number of times Cody has voluntarily changed a dirty diaper. (he is great with just wet) You would have thought that our trip down Pyloric Stenosis Lane would have gotten him over the yuck-but alas. (Back story: When Max was newborn he would projectile vomit EVERYTHING out of his stomach quite often, getting progressively more often until he was diagnosed at 7 weeks. It was an easy fix-simple surgery and 2 nights in a children's hospital, but the weeks leading up to this were FILLED with copious amounts of slimy, stinky spit-up. Cody handled it fine)
Fast forward to today.
Enter: Cold Season, aka-Snot Season
Max has been dealing with a bout of gross. No other real problems, just lots of snot.
This morning Cody took Max outside so I could finish getting things ready for the day unassisted. So sweet. As I am finishing up and I have both hands full of 2 lunch boxes, 2 sippy cups of milk, a diaper bag, my phone, keys and trying to shut the front door I hear... "EEEEWWWWW-Mommy, this is tooo gross! Clean up on isle Max! Grab a tissue now! EEEWWWWW!!!" And yes, that was Cody. My poor little boy (max) was standing in the middle of the driveway looking quite confused with both hands full of snot and more just dripping from his raw little nose. I did rescue the little guy but I just had to share. I have a wonderful husband and Max has a father that couldn't love him more but...Come on! Man up Cody! lol *sigh*

That is all.

Be glad there aren't pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment